Chilquinta Energía accelerates service installation with Smartflex
Chilquinta Energía is a corporate group with five (5) utility companies in the cities of Valparaiso, Linares, Casablanca, Litoral, and Parral. These companies have a combined count of 780,000 customers throughout their operation.
These companies needed to modernize their field service to improve customer satisfaction and find a way to enact centralized control, to keep up with a quickly evolving regulatory environment.
Chilquinta Energía chose Smartflex’s EnergyCIS and Field Service solutions to unify business processes and reinvent its field service. Adopting Smartflex allowed them the flexibility to adapt as required to regulatory and market conditions.
With Smartflex, these companies managed to comply with the regulatory changes in Chile by offering full support to renewable energy including the capacity for Net Metering and Net Billing, as well as dynamic time-of-use pricing. In just 8 months, improved field service led to a 72% reduction in average service installation time.
After adopting Smartflex, average service installation time was reduced from 28 to 8 days across the 5 subsidiaries.
Avg. Service installation time with Smartflex
average service installation time
With this significant reduction in service installation time, the subsidiaries began to provide a better experience for customers from the very start, while also increasing the number of billable hours for the service.
- The capacity for Net Metering and Net Billing, as well as dynamic time-of-use pricing.
- The ability to leverage information and manage its commercial and operational processes in a unified system across all five companies.
- Moving from offline meters (synchronized nightly) to online meters.
- Provided complete visibility over both operational and business performance through real-time online indicators & dynamic dashboards.
- Improved field operation through a truly mobile workforce with the ability to register, view and manage all service orders through their mobile devices. Both scheduling and routing became more efficient, while field staff gained the ability to make decisions off-site based on real-time information.
- New ability to conduct emergency repairs with maximum efficiency and speed using a dynamic field service re-programming feature.
- Secured its leading position in customer satisfaction thanks to an improved ability to connect with customers, commanding a 360° view of customer information to drive a better customer experience.
The voice of a satisfied customer
Let us show you how we can help improve your company's performance
Your business, Empowered