Open Smartflex simplifies even the most complicated billing systems and provides utilities with the tools to handle new rate structures. Have a look at the ways this flexible solution can help your company continuously improve its billing model to keep up with customer needs and regulatory requirements.
- Delivers a holistic view of the business by offering comprehensive features to manage different services such as energy, water, wastewater, gas, broadband, and telecom.
- Consolidates the billing information of multiple utility services in a single bill.
- Provides flexible tools to handle complex rates without the need for additional software development. The solution simplifies the implementation of fixed, tiered, seasonal, and time-based rates, as well as any combination of the above.
- Simplifies the management of bundled services and discounts for service providers in competitive markets.
- Expedites the definition of clean energy plans, demand response programs, and prosumer business models, assuring regulatory compliance and quick reaction to changing markets.
- Includes a powerful rules engine that allows utilities to set up even the most complex rate plans with only a little training (no programming knowledge required).
- Gives utilities the autonomy to carry out complex software configuration with their own staff, thereby avoiding the cost associated with external support from Open or a third party. Furthermore, when utilities upgrade to a new version of the software, they can rest assured that their customizations will carry through to the new version thanks to the solution’s robust rules-based architecture.
- Offers the ability to automate the testing of new rating schemes and anticipate errors before they happen thereby decreasing customer claims and their associated operational cost.
- Helps utilities to forecast the impact of proposed rates for a specific group of products or services.
- Allows utilities to easily establish which customers are eligible for each rating scheme based on their demographic and commercial characteristics.
- Empowers customers with real-time usage and rate information through self-service portals and apps. With these tools, customers are better-informed about rate variability and have an overall better experience with the utility.